The Institute for Education will support students as they develop to their fullest potential.
The Institute for Education supports students as they develop to their fullest potential. The Institute equips students with an education grounded in innovation, research and practice of professional excellence. Students are exposed through classes, seminars, guest lectures, experiential learning and activities to support their content areas and standards of excellence in their profession.
The primary objectives of the Institute for Education are to:
- Bridge the academy and professional life by bringing faculty, school administrators, teachers and students into a close relationship
- Develop a partnership with schools in Lenawee County to develop innovative instructional models
- Increase opportunities for students at Adrian College to learn about their profession through curricular and extracurricular experiences, including coursework, internships, student teaching, and volunteerism
The Institute for Education will accomplish their goals and objectives by:
- Conducting research and disseminating findings
- Sponsoring mini conferences
- Developing and implementing new courses and/or programs
- Sponsoring a lecture series
- Sponsoring workshops
- Facilitating collaboration
- Forming partnerships
As highlighted in our quarterly newsletters
- Service Learning Programs
- Summer camps
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The Teacher Education Department offers a 30 credit hour M.Ed. in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment. We are excited to offer a special discounted tuition program to Michigan educators called Teachers Deserve a Break. Any Michigan teacher or administrator will only pay 50% of the Adrian College tuition rate and may take up to 18 graduate credits in this tuition discount program. After the 18th credit hour, Michigan teachers and administrators in this program are automatically eligible for entry into our master’s program. To learn more, click here.