Campus Safety Information
All vehicles parked on campus must have a 2017-2018 permit by 11:59 pm on Sunday, August 27, 2017. Campus Safety will begin ticketing vehicles without a permit beginning on August 28, 2017.
Come to the Campus Safety Office in Caine Student Center (opposite the mailboxes) beginning August 14 and bring your vehicle registration, student ID card and a valid driver’s license. The permit costs $200.00 for all residents and $200.00 for all commuters. This amount will be billed to your student account. Note: it is far cheaper to get your permit now. One ticket for “No Valid Permit” will cost you $30.00, and you will still need to purchase a $200.00 permit. Why pay the extra money?
Motor Vehicle Regulations
- All motor vehicles, possessed or used, on-campus must be registered every academic year. Parking on College property is a privilege, not a right. Vehicles should be registered at the Campus Safety Office. You must bring a valid driver’s license, student ID and vehicle registration (not proof of insurance). Any vehicle without a valid parking permit found in any lot where a valid permit is required will be ticketed and is also subject to being immobilized or towed at the vehicle owners expense (see Immobilizing and Towing). This includes, but is not restricted to, all unpaved or paved areas on campus where vehicles are NOT authorized to be driven (i.e., on any lawn or grassy area, sidewalks and walkways).
- A vehicle registered by a faculty or staff member, which is operated by a son, daughter or spouse of said faculty or staff member who is an eligible student driver must have and properly display a student permit. The operator of the vehicle must use the proper student parking lots.
- Students may register only one automobile.
- Vehicle registration fee
- The student vehicle fee is $200.00 for the entire academic year.
- Commuters may park in the street or in the Merillat/Dawson lots for free until 11:00pm. Any commuter wishing to park in any other student lot or overnight must purchase a permit for $200.00. The permit is valid for the academic year.
- Permits are pro-rated for those registering their vehicles second semester. No refunds will be given to those leaving campus throughout the academic year.
- Adrian College does not assume responsibility for the care or protection of any vehicle or its contents while operated or parked on campus property. Vehicles should be locked when unattended and must be parked within the boundaries of a defined parking space.
- Motor vehicle registration expires
- As indicated on permit (by academic year)
- When ownership of vehicle changes
- When the eligibility of motor vehicle privileges are revoked by disciplinary action
- If a registered vehicle is traded for another or a windshield is replaced, a new permit will be issued at $5.00 additional cost, provided the remnant of the older permit are presented at Campus Safety.
- The Adrian College window parking permit is to be completely affixed with its own adhesive and displayed at all times on the lower left corner of the back window (driver’s side). An expired permit must be removed before a new one is affixed. Permits must not be altered or defaced in any way. Tickets may be issued to vehicles displaying a permit incorrectly.