1. The following parking lots require a parking permit 24 hours a day:
- Jarvis/Estes/College View North
- Feeman/Stevens (special permit)
- College View West (special permit)
- College-owned houses (special permit)
- All fraternity lots (special permit)
- Pellowe/Merillat/Dawson (guest or standard permit
- All faculty lots
2. The following parking lots are reserved exclusively for faculty and staff from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday:
- Signed areas of Charles St. Lot
- Rush and Goldsmith
- Cascade Circle
3. Students with valid parking permits may park in faculty lots from 5:00 pm - 7:00 am weekdays and all day on weekends. Vehicles must be removed by 7:00 am weekdays to prevent being ticketed, towed or immobilized.
4. The following parking lots are designated for commuters/visitors/guests and as over-flow lots. All vehicles may park in these lots without a permit from 7:00 am - 11:00 pm. There is NO OVERNIGHT parking in these lots without the proper registration/permit:
5. Any parking space posted for a specific title (i.e., custodial, building manager, hall coordinator, etc.) is reserved for that person 24 hours a day and no student parking is allowed.
6. The City of Adrian does not allow parking on any city streets between the hours of 3:00 am - 6:00 am.
7. Students and guests should not drive their vehicles on lawns or walkways at any time including: when loading or unloading personal property to and from the residence halls. If you need to park in an unauthorized area to load or unload your vehicle, contact Campus Safety. We will allow reasonable time for you to be parked there. If you do not contact us, you are subject to being ticketed.
8. All parking violations are subject to monetary fines, towing and/or having the vehicle immobilized. Students have 10 days to pay online with a credit/debit card. After 10 days, the charges will be added to the student’s account.
- Students wishing to appeal a ticket must do so within 10 days of ticket issuance date. To appeal, go online to the Campus Safety website. License plate and ticket number is required to log in and appeal. An email will be sent with the results of your appeal.
9. Permits may only be placed on the vehicle that the permit is registered to. Altered, forged or stolen permits may result in judicial actions against the student responsible, as well as revoked parking privileges. If you change or replace your vehicle for any amount of time, you must notify Campus Safety to obtain a temporary permit (see Temporary Permit section). If you do not contact us, you are subject to being ticketed.
Parking Between Semesters & During Breaks
Any vehicle in a campus parking lot t between semesters or during any breaks must have a valid parking permit displayed specific to that lot and be parked within the confines of a parking space.
Immobilizing & Towing
Students with an unregistered vehicle and two or more unpaid parking fines are also subject to having their vehicles immobilized or towed. If the vehicle is towed or immobilized, a towing or immobilizing charge will also be the responsibility of the student. A hold will be put on the release of the vehicle until all fines are paid to the Student Business Services Office. The College also reserves the right to tow any vehicle parked in such a manner as to create a hazard to other vehicles or persons. Towed vehicles will be taken to Poe’s Towing, located at 1069 South Main Street, 517-263-3700.
- Tampering, removing and/or damaging Adrian College Campus Safety equipment, including the boot, may result in the vehicle being towed, judicial process, criminal prosecution and/or replacement of such equipment at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles towed from campus are done so at the owner’s risk and expense.
If an on-campus student’s vehicle is immobilized without a permit, the student must purchase a permit and pay all fines before the boot will be removed.
A vehicle will be towed (at owner’s expense) 48 hours after it was immobilized if the student does not come forth to the Campus Safety office to settle all fines. Failure to pay citations within a timely manner will result in additional late fees set forth by the Student Business Office. The charge for immobilizing is $80.00 for first offense, $105.00 for second offense and $130.00 for third offense (fines are subject to change). All parking privileges will be revoked after the third offense.
Reasons for Immobilizing
1. If an unregistered vehicle as two or more unpaid tickets, it may be immobilized. Tickets are considered unpaid if they have not been paid online within the 10 day period or if their student account has not been charged.
2. If parked in No Parking Zone, Fire Lane, or Handicap spot, or in a hazardous way, the vehicle may be immobilized or towed.
3. Any student who has had their vehicle booted more than three (3) times in an academic year will lose all campus parking privileges.
4. If a vehicle is displaying an altered, forged, lost or stolen permit.
Temporary permits are for students who wish to park a vehicle on campus for a short time. Only two (2) temporary permits are allowed per semester and then the student must purchase a student permit ($200.00). Additional time and future requests will be left up to the discretion of the Director of Campus Safety. The student must have this permit visible hanging from their rearview mirror facing out prior to parking it on campus to avoid fines.
Guests & Visitors
All guests who wish to park on campus during the day may do so free of charge in the Dawson/Merillat lots. A permit is not required from 7:00 am - 11:00 pm. All guests and visitors who wish to park on campus between 11:00 pm - 7:00 am, must get a guest pass from Campus Safety. The student and guest must both be present with proper identification to obtain a permit. The permit is free of charge and must be place on the rearview mirror facing out. All guests and visitors MUST park in the Dawson/Merillat lots. All other lots are for students with valid permits.
All visitors who are parked in the student lots may be ticketed, towed or immobilized at the owner’s expense. The student that is being visited by the violator will be held responsible for any fines and their student account charged for the violation fee. It is the responsibility of the student(s) to see that their visitors abide by all parking regulations.
Adrian College prohibits partially dismantled or otherwise inoperable motor vehicles, or any parts of a motor vehicle on any piece of land belonging to Adrian College. This also includes any vehicle, operable or inoperable, that does not have a valid license plate displayed. Any vehicles in these categories will be towed at the owner’s expense and, in addition, may be charged a storage fee.
Failure to follow parking regulations will result in the following fines:
- Expired Temporary or Guest Permit - $20*
- Unauthorized Lot - $25*
- Parked in a Reserved Space - $25*
- Parked in a Yellow Zone - $25*
- Parked on Grass or Sidewalk - $25*
- Improper Parking - $25*
- No Parking Zone - $25*
- No Valid Permit Displayed - $30*
- Parked in Fire Lane - $40*
- Parked in Handicap Space - $70*
- Immobilizer Fee - $80 First Boot, $105 Second Boot, $130 Third Boot*