Special Recognition: 2000 Mary McKinney Ware Award for the most distinguished doctoral dissertation in Arts & Humanities.
Publications & Presentations:
- "Crisis in Higher Education", Michigan State University Press, 2015. With Jeffrey R. Docking.
- "The Stories Anthologies Tell", Lambert Academic Publishing, 2010.
- "Amy Tan." Contemporary American Women Fiction Writers
- "Sui Sin Far/Edith Maude Eaton." American Women Writers, 1900-1945: A Bio-Bibliographical Critical Sourcebook.
- "Content and Context: Reading Diversity through the Decontextualized American Literature Anthology," MLA, December 2003
- "Marketing Your Teaching Skills throughout the Application Process." RMMLA, October 2000
- "Frontier Discourse as a Re-affirmation of Racial/Gender Hierarchies." Southwest Social Sciences Association, March 2000
- "Emptying Out the Empire: An Examination of English World Literatures in Context," RMMLA, October 1997
- "Healing the Wound: Feminism and Troubled Mother-Daughter Relationships in Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club," SCMLA, October 1993
- "The Use of Polysyndeton to Build a Litany in Malory's Morte D'Arthur," Federation of North Texas Area Universities Symposium in Rhetoric, April 1991
- Literature as a Reflection and Product of American Culture
- Editing and Publishing
- Asian American Literature
- Women in Literature
- American Literature Anthologies
- Educating our Educators
- Recruitment, Retention, and the Liberal Arts College
- Flash Fiction
- Graphic Novels